"You are marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing.
What are they and how will you use them to survive?"
Use your imagination!! :)
Due Friday, October 14th, BEFORE midnight. Late, even 1 minute = zero.
Please answer the question using at least 20 sentences (20 sentences = 20 points). Reread your answer out loud to edit and revise before sending.
I recommend you always type it in Microsoft Word first, and then copy and paste it into the blog comments. Two reasons: 1. You will have a back-up in case the website crashes during your post 2. You can check your spelling and grammar.
MAKE SURE YOUR NAME is in your post.
*Reminder* If your response is late, too short or not thoughful, you WILL NOT receive full credit.
Hello...I'm Jimmy. If i stuck on an deserted island with three useful things and one useless thing. The useful things would be water, knife and matches. Then the useless thing would be credit card. Those things are very important when you stuck on an deserted island. You probably can survive on the island because of those things. I would use the knife for a bunch of things. For an example, you could use it to kill fish in the ocean so you can eat it. If you have food, then you can survive. You could use it to cut the fruit or protect yourself. Water is the most important thing for survival. Water is even more important than food. Water can make you alive longer. If you stuck in an deserted island with water, then you would certainly die. Matches is one of the important thing for survival too. You can use the matches to built a signal fire on the island. Then the people probably could see it so they would come to rescue you on the island. You can also built a fire to warm your body so you would not get sick easier and feel cold at night. If you have those things, then you would survive as soon as possible. Lastly, Credit card is not useful at all on the island. Although you have it, you still can't buy anything because there is no shop on an deserted island. You better don't bring it.
ReplyDeleteHi… I’m Fluke, if I were marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing. The three useful things it would be knife, water, and matches same like Jimmy, those three materials would help you a lot and it would make you survive in the hot desert. Example knife it would help you much more and it would make you survive, HOW? , It would help you make food by killing animal. Water this is the most important for you whole life, this would make you survive whole day from the desert and if you doesn’t drink water for two or three day you might die because you whole body have about 70% of water. Even you not thirsty you need to drink water for survive. Matches this also important for you when you were maroon in the middle of desert, On night time in the desert the weather would be very cold so you must make a fire to make yourself warm by using matches, it helpful to make a food, and the last thing that it helpful is to kill bacteria, it you wouldn’t have fire to kill bacteria it would make you sick until you die. And the thing that useless is a phone it because in the middle of desert there wouldn’t be any signal for calling people for help and if it run out of battery it wouldn’t have place to charge and it would be the most useless thing. So the those three that it useful for you when you was maroon in the desert and it will help you a lot of your whole life. But phone it useless when you in the middle of the desert but it also useful in the future.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Suzanne !! I'm Richy, if I was marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing. The three useful things it would be water, GPS and Lighter, those three materials would help you a lot in a deserted island and it would make you survive in the hot desert. But how could 3 of those stuff help me during a deserted island? First, Water this is the most important for you whole life, this would make you survive. If you don’t drink water for about two or three days you might die of thirst because your whole body is filled with 70% of water. We need a lot water for our body when entering a dry area. Second, Lighter is very important for you when you were maroon in the middle of desert because lighter can light up woods for warming ourself, if you don't warm yourself you will be die cause by freezing and burning woods can cook some food. The last but not least, GPS or Global Positioning System for knowing the latitude and longitude of the island, and to know the exact location, where am i. The thing that is useless during deserted island is laptops because there is not going to be electricity in the deserted and if i ran out of battery how can i charge it. Another reason is there is no wireless internet or wire internet available there. Those three stuff that are very useful during gathering around deserted island. But, laptop can entertain us, it is not the right time to use it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi~ I am Rebecca
ReplyDeleteIf I were marooned on a deserted island with three useful thing, which is a container, cigarette lighter, knife, and one completely useless thing, which is cosmetic, I will use them wisely. First of all, I will use my cigarette lighter to make the fire, one reason is because I need to get warm and the other reason is because if others see the fire and smoke, they will know someone is on the island and they will come to rescue me. Then, I will search for water on the island, and fill the container with water. Because, people can live without food for several days but people cannot live without water for few days. After that, I will find a place on the island that can protect me from sun and rain. If I cannot find it, I will use my knife and some woods on the island to make one. It is very important, because the hut can protect me from sunburn and cold. Later, I will find some food for myself to get some energy. I will search for some eatable and un-poisonous vegetables, mushrooms and so on, because I don't want to kill any creature and living thing. But, if I really can't find anything or I am unsure if I can eat it or not, I will hunt for some food, because I need to survive. I may make some trap and snare for some little animals and fish. After I caught them, I will use my knife to kill them from their necks, and flay them. Next, I will cook them with the fire I make, and the fire can kills germs.
After I did all of the things I said, I will start to use my knife to make some weapons. Because there might be some beasts that live on the island too. I will also make the stone sharp and use them as knife, because they can make my knife sharp too. I think that will be all I can do if I were marooned on a deserted island with those things. But maybe, I were alone on the island, I will find if there are any tribe or people is living on that island. I think they can help me a lot and save me life!
Have a nice break, ms. suzanne :D
Hi! I am Sarina :))
ReplyDeleteIf I was marooned on a desert island with three useful things, the first useful thing that I would bring is a tent. I need a tent because a tent can protect me from wild animals and bugs. If I didn't have a tent how could I keep myself warm? A tent can keep me safe from harsh weather. I must use the tent so that I could sleep at night. The next thing is food, I need to eat food to support my energy. If I didn't have food to eat, I would die within a week. I know that on a desert island I could catch some animals, but I am just a girl with no knowledge about hunting and I'm not brave enough to hunt. A desert is a place that receives an extremely low amount of rain, less than enough to support growth of most plants, so it is hard to find food. The last thing that is useful for me is water. Water is the most important item. Water can help people survive the heat of the desert. If I don't drink water, I will die within three days. I need water to survive if I have no water, I will die. I think these three things are very important when I was marooned on a desert island. If I have these three useful things, my life will be easier. In my opinion, the one completely useless thing is an Iphone. An Iphone will make me feel like I have friends, but Iphones cannot do anything if there's no internet access. On a desert island there is no internet access, no Wi-Fi , no signal and no charger. Between 8.00AM to 5.00PM the weather of a desert is too hot, so the cell phone will blow up. I would rather take a dairy with a pen. I would take these things because I could take notes on the things that I do each day, so I can remember all my days.
LC1F
ReplyDeleteHi!! Ms.Suzanne, I'm Blink.If I were marooned on a deserted island with three useful thing and one completely useless thing. The first useful think would be water, because for human water is the most important thing. Human can't survive without water. If i have a water at lease I can live for a week. And on the island water will be very hard to find. The second useful thing is a tent. The tent can protect me from other thing. Such as bugs,wild animal,rain,wind,and from cold. Tent can make us comfort like when we stay at home.It also make us sleep well =). But if I don't have an tent, I will be very cold and I will died, for sure! And the last useful thing. It is lighter. The lighter is very important too because it can work for many thing.The first thing that the lighter can do is I make the fire to let me warm. The second that the lighter can do is I can use the fire for cooking. The third thing that the lighter can do is I can make the fire for a smoke. The smoke of the fire will flow into an sky and if other people saw it they will help me out from the the island.
The most useless thing is money. Although money is the most useful thing while I'm in Bangkok because I can use money to buy thing. But on the island there will not have any thing to buy and no reason to use them. This is three useful and one useless thing that it will be with me when I was marooned on the island.
Bye!!! Ms.Suzanne... Have a nice October break!!!
Hello! I’m Porsche. If I was marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing. The three useful things would be a water bottle. we use water bottle in the desert to fill the water it would probably have a oasis that have water or a cactus. We need to be able to spilt the cactus so we could have the water inside. So the second useful thing would be the knife. Knife is the useful thing because it we can use knife for protecting ourselves and to hunts for animals. The third thing that would be important was a lighter. We use lighter to cook. We could also use lighter to build a fire pile that keep us warm. Lastly the useless thing would be telephone. Even though in this time period. We use telephone to contact other people or we use telephone to play games. So if we were marooned on a desert with no telephone signal. The telephone would be useless. Without the useful thing I mention I would probably die in the desert, because human can live without food but couldn’t live without water.In this kind of situation we wouldn’t know that when will we get marooned on the desert. So this doesn’t mean that we carry all the stuff with us all the time because it will make us look like crazy people if you carry it to Paragon of Central. This is all my idea for the marooned things. I hope some of this might be helpful in your everyday life. because we could probably carry a water bottle and go shopping. This is all the three useful things and one useless thing. Have a nice October break! Ms. Suzanne.
ReplyDeleteHeloo Ms.Suzanne,Im Eugene,
ReplyDeleteIf I was marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing.The three useful things you might wanna bring to the HOT desert were Water,Knife,and Lighter. First ,Water,why do we need water for?hmm.If we dont drink water , we might get very thirsty and die on the HOT desert,because the desert is too hot and too dry.And another reason we need water is to dont let our body too dry and we human body is about 70percent of water ,so if we dont have any food but we have enough water,we still can survive in the hot desert.Second thing we need in the hot desert is knife,why do we need knife in the hot desert?First reason that we need knife is to protect ourself from the wild animal like leopard or others that will attack people.Second reason is to hunt or find food,you might wanna use knife to kill the animal to eat.But the most important is to protect ourself from the danger.Third is Lighter or Light.First reason that you need light is to keep ourself or others people warm.Second reason is to roasted your food that you've killed.Third reason is the light's smoke will smoke up and others people will see it and might come to the smoke place and help us or we helo them.And the useless thing you must not bring is your pet,if you bring your pet to a hot desert ,pet wont help you anything,it might gain problem to you more.If you were very hungry and you cant find any food in the desert,you might kill your pet and eat it because you were too hungry.The three things above might really help you survive when you're in a hot desert.
HAVE A NICE AND WONDERFUL OCTOBER BREAK !!!!
I am Fanny.
ReplyDeleteIf I am marooned on a deserted island, the three most useful things I would take are a knife, cigarette lighter and drinking water. The one completely useless thing is an electronic item, as there is no electricity on the island, nothing can would work. First, the knife can be used to cut fruits and vegetation. It can be used to kill fish and animals to eat; I can also use it as a weapon, to defend myself from animals attacking. An additional use for the knife is for building a shelter by cutting the brunches of trees and vegetation. It can provide you somewhere to sleep; so it can protect you from animals, bugs or mosquitoes, sun and the rain. Second, cigarette lighter can be used for lighting fires, so as to keep warm and cook food. A cigarette lighter is more useful than matches, because matches easily get wet. It can be used for getting creating Morse code signals, by waving large leaves in front of a burning fire. Also I would dig out an SOS message in huge letters in the sand. I can use water for drinking only and I can wash in the sea. Third, Water is one of your most important needs in a survival situation, without water you will die. It is a human essential, it can help you to last long your live if you have water.
Once realized I was a marooned on an island, I would explore the environment. While I was exploring I would look for additional water resources, food resources from anywhere on the land, and look for a good spot to build up a shelter to live.
Finally I would get my fire going and look to make Morse code signals for my potential rescuers. I should stay calm and remain optimistic, no panic because there is always a way to get out. By making the fire as a signal, I believe the outside people might see me, and come recue me. Lastly, I would also find a large tree and make a notch, to record how many days I have been in the island. Above I would determine not to give up on my hope of getting out the island alive.
Bonjour Mrs. Suzanne. I am Jaewoo, if I was marooned on a deserted island with three useful things and one completely useless thing. The three useful things it would be water, lighters, and knife. The thing that I think is useless is money. I know that every living thing needs water in order to survive including human being. We have no special ability as the others animal, but we have knowledge to figure a way to survive. So we need weapon as knife to hunt and protect. Knife is a very useful tool it could use as hunting, protecting tools, and it is able to makes other tools. Lighter is also a very important tools fire is very important for human being. Human needs fire to cook and to keep them worm in the night, fire is also able to protect human from wild animals .In the past people think that fire is a gift from god. These are the reason why I think that these things are very important. Money is very important in society. Some people think that Money is every thing, but it is not when you are not in the society. In these I would like to compare it to a bunch of useless leaf. I agree that money can bring you almost every things you need but it wont work in these kind of situation. These are the reason why I think money is not a good option to have in the deserted island. I also think that these tools is a basic thing that you use everyday. Only money is the thing that in social is really important. I will also say this money is power in real world and technology.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Ms.Suzanne ! If I were marooned on a deserted island with three useful thing and one completely useless thing.The three useful things would be laptop ! I think laptop is really important to me.I can't live without laptop ! Well,if there's no internet i would be useless.But i can use air card and plug it into my laptop! I'm very sure that if I were marooned on a deserted island i would be really extremely boring for me.Nothing to do.If i have a laptop i could play facebook,games,checking news and many things ! The second thing that would be useful in a deserted island is water ! Can you imagine DESERT ? i'm pretty sure that everyone will thinks that desert will be very hot and dry ! WATER is one of the most importan thing to bring.I'd heard that human can stay like 7days without food,but not water.If people stay without water,they will die in about 3 days.And in the very hot climate water would be really important thing.The third and the last thing that i will bring is LIGHTERS ! Lighter is very important for me, because at night time it will be very dark and can can't see anything so the lighter might help you.You also use the lighter to burn the woods to make you feel warm,because at night time the dersert will be really cold.And when you hunt for animal to be your food,you doesn't want to eat it when the animal doesn't die yet ? So you might want to make it fried and eat it !
ReplyDeleteAnd the thing that will be really useless is money ! Its really useful in the town full with people.But not in the desert island.No one lives in the desert island except you.So how can y
Hi, Ms. Suzanne! I’m so so so so so SORRY that I comment this blog this late! I totally forgot that I also have this homework. I just remember when I checked the Facebook langcomp’s page... I’m really sorry!
ReplyDeleteOh My God! I was marooned on a deserted island! Luckily, I still have knife, water, belt, and money left in my bag. I’ll use them all wisely! Money is always useful, but not this time. I can use money to buy everything I want, but this time, I was marooned on a deserted island. No one lived here, no one can sale me things. I can’t do anything with money. So money is USELESS at this time! The other three things were much more useful than I thought! This deserted island was so HOT! When I was too thirsty that I can’t even walk anymore, the water was so useful! Water let me feel more energetic. At this time, I saw a small snake was coming this way. I pulled out my knife and secure the snake. When the snake saw my knife, it ran away. The last thing that it was useful to me was the belt! That was so useful, I can’t believe a metal belt can save my life. When I was about to die, I saw an helicopter passed by. At this time, I quickly pulled out my belt. I try to reflect the sun and let it shine. Finally, the people in the helicopter noticed my belt. Lastly, I didn’t die and was saved by water, knife, and belt!