Please take a moment to review these pictures:
Thailand Flooding
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/10/worst-flooding-in-decades-swamps-thailand/100168/
I would like you to write a 20 sentence "Journal" based upon your reaction to the flooding in Thailand. Use these pictures as a guide, if you'd like. Tell about how the flood has affected you, friends or family. Share what your family is doing to prepare. Let us know what you think and feel about the flood.
This is due today, FRIDAY, October 21, 2001.
Thank you,
Ms. Suzanne
Hi Ms.Suzanne,I'm Blink.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I think that the flood in that picture was very bad,because the water are very high.I heard the news that told that, one boy are playing the water from the flood in front of his house,and he sullenly drank the water from the flood.That after he was very sick, the doctor told that the bateria from the water has goes into that boy body, and going to died soon. Same as the young lady in this picture, they both are playing the water that are very high. In the high level of water I think it have to have many kind of thing inside.If that young lady drank that water, they will become like a boy in the news. From this flood, I saw my neibor put the bags of sand around their house. My mom and dad office also put the sand bags in front of their office, but the funny thing is that my mom put the sand bags in front of the bathroom too. I ask that why she need to put it in front ofvthe bathroom? She said that the water can come in many way,and one way is come up to the toilet. But anyway my mom was very scared about the floods. On the last October Break my mom told every one in a house to the living room. She told that we need to buy more food. But in our house we already have big ten bags of mamas. Each bag have another small bag of mamas. My mom broth more mamas and now my house was full of mamas. My mom ask the maid to keep everything and put it on the second floor. My maid keep every thing but not the TV and computers. I thought that TV and computers are more important (=.=).my mom watch the news every day , but the news always said the same thing." prepare for the flood blah blah ". This is what my house prepare for the flood.
In this month, Thailand has face a very serious problem. The heavy rain has floods in northern part of Thailand. The flood damage causes the lack of food Thailand. Now, the capital city of Thailand, Bangkok, may floods too.
ReplyDeleteMy aunt is live in the country side of Bangkok, it is located in northern bangkok. To avoid the water will come into her house, she built several walls around her house. She also drove her car and placed it in a higher building. Now, she lived in her house without going out with her dogs and maid.
I watch TV everyday, the flood in Thailand becomes big news in the whole world. Some news said the reason that the flood is so terrible is because of the dam that built in China. And, also is because last year, Thailand was lack of water, so thai government stored lots of water this year. But, they did not predict that it will become too much water this year.
From my perspective, the flood is not natural fault. I think Thai people need to be responsible for that too. In Taiwan, we have more than 4 typhoons come to our country each year, sometimes even has 8 typhoon in one year! But, Taiwan does not become as terrible as Thailand did this time. The reason is because Thailand's water pipe underground and the building are awful. I think if they build better water pipe and building, the water can goes away very quickly. I cannot imagine what will Thailand be if the earthquake occur here.
In a word, the flood this time makes lots of people lost their properties, and also lots of school were force to close because of the flood. I hope after this flood, the thai government and also all the people in the world can realized how global warming will effect us.
Hi! I’m Porsche. As everyone knows about the flood that was happening in Thailand. The flood affected everyone one, because the destroyed many things for example: houses, car, farm, and etc... Also it affect the economy of Thailand because like some of the factory that was the main or a has a huge factory was also affected by the flooding. The owner of Oishi factory was affected very much because he was just almost finish build his new factory and the flood destroyed the new machine and the factory. The last thing that the machine is producing was a water. This water the Oishi owner will donate it to Ayuttaya and other part of Thailand that affect by this flooding. Everywhere that the flooding goes through was affected because they need to turn off the electricity. The electricity was the main thing because for the people that use gas to cook their meal was lucky but for the one that use electric to cook their meal was facing a hard problem. This flooding was destroying the ancient temple or places as we see in the picture. This was a hard problem that Thailand is facing with because if the flooding still continue maybe the ancient statue or temple would be destroy or disappear for ever. If the Bangkok get flooded we wouldn’t have any helping because a lot of donation came from Bangkok. The dog was very pity because they didn’t know when will the flood will come and wouldn’t know what place they need to go. One day I look the news on television they’re showing the flooding water. I saw a dog was swimming and suddenly the dog disappear. Also some of the cows and other mammals in the farm was affect by the flooding because many crocodiles has escapes from the zoo and the crocodile eat the cows. Thats not all, there also an poison insects or poison snake. This was kind of creepy. I think that many people affected by this flooding. Many of the ancient thing goes underwater and if the water level doesn’t goes down maybe the ancient thing would be destroy. Some people that their house get flooded they want to stay at their home because in this time many people has lost their things because the thief use this situation to stole all the thing. I even think maybe the people who help the people come out off their house maybe the return to the person they help and stole their things. I think this flooding affected Thailand a lot.
ReplyDeleteHi, Ms. Suzanne! I'm Grace.
ReplyDeleteToday is Friday, October 21, 2011. I'm supposed to go to school today, but seems like the school was closed because of the flood. So now, even I'm at home, I still can't relax. I still have to wake up early and do my work, like now. I lived in Samaedam. The news said that the flood might come to my house since last Wednesday. When we heard the news, we went to the super market right away. When we got there, most of the things were sold out. The part that let me surprised the most, was that the mama noodles and water were all sold out. The flood still haven't come to my house, seems like my house is still safe. Even my house is still safe, but my parents are really afraid of those floods. So they bought so MANY sandbags and placed it in my front house. I watched the news, and I think that the flood was really scary. I saw that there's a man, his house was full of water. So he went up to his roof to survive. Unluckily, when he got to his roof, there's a snake followed him. He was poisoned by the snake. This flood was really dangerous, the water was very dirty and full of some weird stuff. I feel lucky that the flood haven’t come to my house. And I feel a little sad about the flood in school. The school supposed to have a chinese karaoke competition today. I’m exited about that competition, my friends are going up stage and sing. But I also feel happy that the school was closed today. So now I can wake up later than usual. Anyway, please, floods, don’t come to my house!
Hello Ms.Suzanne!!! I'm Eugene.
ReplyDeleteThis year Thailand had faced a very dramatic problem. It is flood. Last year, Thailand does not have enough water to use or to do something else. But this year the water in Thailand is more than enough, so its flooding everywhere now. Some parts of Thailand has been flood about 2 to 5 meters high. And I heard the news said that the flood is coming from the Airport too, which its just 10 minutes away from my house, and its coming to Ging Keaw and later the flood will go to the school. The flood in Thailand
affected the whole universe. Some country bought ticket to Thailand for their summer vacation or something else, they wouldn’t come. My mom had parked her car at the Central BangNa. Now, my maid have to live with her sister for 1 or 2 weeks. Because I’m going to Malaysia with my cousin later. The place that flood the most terrible is Ayuttaya. The flood has been above their head, and some snake’s and crocodiles and some others wild animal is in the water too. The flood’s carries wild animal in it, I think some people had been eaten by those wild animal. I think that Thailand would have to move the ground a little higher, like a 2 meters higher than the ground so the water would not easily go into your house. This time, because of the flood in Thailand, tuns of people had lost their shelter, and even school’s had been forced to close for a week or more because of this dangerous flood. My mom had bought 100 packs of sand bag in front of my house. It cost a lot of money to buy them. Everybody who has a house need to move their thing to the second floor. We moved things that is possible to moved to the second floor. My house had been prepared for the flood coming.
This year is a bad year for Thailand. There a flood going on it's the biggest flood That have seen. I can't believe that.The flood is getting higher about 1-2 meter some place are even higher.I hope everybody is safe.The food is getting lesser, people in Thailand are preparing for the flood. now every place near my house they are all preparing for the flood too. I saw many sand bag out there.Also My mom prepared for the flood as well.At home i have no space to walk it all cover for food and water. We bought many things home.I have sand bag out their prepare to have a war with flood.I'm excited about that.I'm also think of if we run out of electricity what can we do.Now the flood is coming nearer and nearer i don't know what can we do at home. I so worry about my friend and the mall!.If the mall close I can't go buy thing that I like any more. that sad. how ever I will began to fight with the flood.
ReplyDeleteSarina LC1F
ReplyDeleteSince last month, Thailand's flood is a very big problem. This is a biggest problem in years. Many provinces in Thailand are suffering. One of the main problem is traveling. People who are affected by the flood, their stocks are lessening. The government is helping as much as they could. My family lived in the village near Samutprakarn, we are all suffering from flooding as well.The flood never been in the village. My family has been living here more than 10 years and this is the first time we are affected by the flood. My father and my mother couldn't drive cars. This is the huge problem that come to our life, but anyway I am happy that I was born in Thailand, because Thai people never leave other behind. For example, this time, when feets of water flooded over the city Ayutthaya in central Thailand. Thai people in other provinces are willing to help as best as they could. I also wanted to help them, but right now my house is flooded, so my first priority now is for family to be safe. According to the news, almost everywhere in Bangkok going to be flood soon.
Now, Thailand is hit by flood. It's really serious crisis. All this week there are heavy rain every day. I hope everything will be fine. I feel really sad for all the areas that have heavy flood and people who died in this flood.
Hi, this is Roger
ReplyDeleteEvery year during the mid-July, there is always flooding problem which give people a hard time cleaning the mess up. What I saw from the first picture, there were two kids having a difficult time walking from on location to another location, but there are bridge beside them and I have no idea why don’t they use the bridge. In that picture you can see how bad the flooding which will show the people who live in Bangkok to prepare for the flooding situation. Another picture of cloudy weather, It happened in Bangkok which is the sign of telling the people to prepare because flooding might come to you! When I saw the picture of the temple is almost under water then I was like freaked out. The wall around the temple most be high enough to block the water but guess what? The water is almost going over the top of the wall, which is kind of scary. Another things I found out, which is kind of sad is our farm land. Look at the farm, all I see is water and some grasses. So after flooding i think they will have to work extra hard to fix the farm which might takes year? Maybe the price of rice and vegetable might increase more? If the farm land is under the water and vegetable might get affect by it. Also the village are all under water, almost cover the entire house! I’m thinking, after flooding how are these people gonna fix there land and house? Look, all the house and land are under dirt water and maybe the water brings decease which is another things that the people have to face? One more things, all the water went inside the house which they will have to put there legs up which watching television. If I were them, I’ll start cleaning up because you won’t know what the water contain. Water sometime might bring decease to people because look, after flooding bird and other animals might come out and eat the dead animals meat which might causes the decease. After I finished all the picture, I start to pack my important things up to my room in case the water comes to Bangkok. Even though I don’t really believe this flooding but after those pictures, I start to take this serious. After I put my things up stair I start to look at the pictures again. How will these people live like this in the future? So i told myself, If I could help, I’ll help them anything If I can! take care everyone and be DRY! XD
FANNY
ReplyDeleteBased on this year's flood, Thailand’s economies are facing difficulties and problems. My reaction to this is shocked because; Thailand’s Flood will destroy Thailand’s economy because of waters causing damage in Thailand. For an example, The Honda Company where thousands of new produced cars are now all submerged in water. This year, it happened on October located at north of Thailand, where a damn had broke suddenly sending people into despair. This is one of the worst flooding that has ever happened in the history of Thailand!
After I saw all the photos, I felt so bad from what I saw. Ayutthaya, water there has flooded 2-3 meters high, the houses were damaged, the cars were floating all over the water. All I can see are trees and grasses, and the roof of houses. Also it makes me feels sad and depressed. I couldn’t think of today, what Thailand had turned to. Lots of victims had died and got hurt by the floods, so now they don’t have place to live, and they are starved, because no food. People are getting sick, because of the disease from the water. And they don’t have people to help for, especially doctor. Also, there are dangerous things or living things coming up such as Crocodiles, snakes, and creepy insects, also etc... I wish I could go there and help them out. The more people you have, the more people you can safe. The natural dynamometer is so scary. When the government announced that they are releasing the water down to Bangkok, my mom became so worried, because she is in Taiwan, so she told me to start organize things into higher places. And asked for the circumstances. Lastly, I would like to pray for Thailand. The natural disaster is really unpredictable; it may come in again anytime. I hope everything could be back to normal and pray for all the victims could get safe, and get out from the shadow soon.
FANNY
Hi.Ms.Suzanne!I'm Jimmy.
ReplyDeleteI realize this is the worst flood in Thailand. First of all, we are living in Thailand so we must be concern about this disaster. The food disaster is getting worse, and some parts of Thailand has been flooded about 2-5 meters high. I cant imagine how scary is it. We though the flood would last a day or two, but now it has already been one week. That's really scary. Although our areas are not flooded yet and doesn't seem to harm us, we still need to be careful and pray for the victims that has been affected. I heard the news saying that many people died because of this unseasonal downpour. Over 320 people have died in the floods across the country since July. I realize that their family is very sad now because they are living without them. There are roughly one million people affected in many provinces. That's really awful. Then the another problem is about tourists stuck. They can't go back to their country because the trains to the region have been cancelled and several airports shut. They can't do anything with that so they just only can stay in hotels and not to travel to the airport until the situation returns to normal. The third problem are about food and utilities. If you went to the supermarket , you would know that you can't buy the food anymore. The food are not adequate in there. Prime minster Yingluck said that the flooded is coming to Bangkok so my family and i are really afraid of that. Finally i hope that anyone can be safe, and the flooded would disappear as soon as possible.
hi, I am Jaewoo. As you know Thailand is haveing a vary hard time.Caused by the flood. I think that this is the most troublesom floods in Thailand history. This flood effect lots of people I know. Some of them is haveing trobule because they are worried, and some because there location. This flood cause a lots of damage in Thailand. It cause the price of foods and sand bag to increace a lot. It also makes my grandpa company have a big trouble. This time it also effect lots of big company like Honda, Oishi, hightech etc. This time I am also very nevrvous caused by the flood too. As you alerady know it effect the school too. Due to the flood the school need to close. Now my father is trying to protect my father compant by building a wall to prevent the water to go inside the compant. My cousn also try to prepare for the flood too. They bring there boat to clean and also buy a huge amout of san bags to protect their house. So everyday now I will watch about the news very often.
ReplyDeleteHi Ms. Suzanne, I’m Fluke.
ReplyDeleteThe first think before I going to talk about flooding I would say that I felt sorry about the flood in that picture. People must lose their entire thing that they had built for (house). And brought thing that they spent almost of there time/life. I stay home with my family, there’s lot of flooding news going on. The news told us that about 48 hours the water start coming into the Bangkok perhaps the sand bag would help. My dad and mom was frighten about the news that they had told us. So my dad finds a place to park a car. He was finding all the shopping mall but the shopping mall was full of a car so he don’t know where to go and where to find a place so he just leave a car in his house. So he which that his house wouldn’t flood, but he still want to prepare and spent lot of money to brought a sand, bag, and also food. But he was not sure about the flood, so he brought a few of food. So now we doesn’t know what going to happen. So we still ask a Paradise Park (shopping mall), if there any space. Now my dad told me that we was lucky because we can be ready before the flooding cause there a news that told us when it will come or not. But the place that got flood, they doesn’t know when it going to come, so they doesn’t ready for it. There lot news of the people needs food, water, and shelter. Our family also helps the people that need all material things by donate money. But I wasn’t know it would help or not, but I felt happy when I help people that were got affect by the flood. People had lost their money because they can’t go to work for a mouth or until the water gets lower. If people have lot of money they doesn’t know what to do with it because they’re no place to buy thing. Hope Bangkok wouldn’t flood.
Yo Ms.Suzanne.I'm Jeen.
ReplyDeleteSince last month,Thailand had faced one of the most dangerous natural disaster.Called flood.It started from a province called Nakorn Ratchasrima.It located in the Northern part of Thailand.It's start to flowed down to the central of Thailand.Now there're about eight to nine provinces that affected by the flood.I'm pretty sure that now people and the government is concerning about the flood will flow to downtown of Bangkok.Which is of course its going to affected Thailand's economic system.Family and me also affected by the flood too.My dad started to putting things up to second floor since Wednesday.I was really surprised when I arrived at home.Everything in my first floor was gone.Even the TV,sofa and many stuff was gone.The the next day my parents started to put those sand bags up.It was about 1 meter. Now I think Thai's people need to start be as one and face this problem together.Now all others countries are donating money and give to the Thailand's government.So they can buy things and stuff that people needs.Today,TCIS was closed due to the flood.I think it was a good idea to closed the school.Because of all other schools are closed,even NIST which is located in On-nut.
All I hope is to past all these problem and everything back to be normal as soon as possible.
Hi Ms. Suzanne......This is TUTU,
ReplyDeleteSince last week the flood is making Thailand's situation very worse and make it unsafe for the people. All the news in TV talks about the flood in Thailand or Thailand's battle against the flood. The people of Thailand still follows this problem all the time. Now the flood almost comes to the city of Bangkok. They made sand bags to cover the outside area of their homes, so not to let water come inside their houses or offices. Sometimes sand bags can not hold the water to long. They use plastics to cover the pile of sand bags. The use of cement was also used by other areas to cover their houses like a fence or wall. I feel that is a sad news about the flood in thailand that caused a lot of problems to the society. I think it is affecting my family and friends not so much. Because we are not near most the problematic places. My family mostly do not believe about the flood in my home because mom says we live near the lake and the beach. When it is raining the water goes to the lake and the beach. We did not buy a lot of food, because we already have a lot of food stocked in my home ready. My friends looked like they were all prepared to make a wall outside their homes, or buy sand bags and a lot of food before the flood happens. Some groceries even ran out of rice, noodles and water to sell to the people of Thailand. Friday 21st of Oct. 2011 was given to us as a holiday to prepare for the flood. The sad thing was a couple of homework were given to us by our teachers due to the holiday. The school bus refused to come and pick up some students from our school. Mostly all the cars were parked along side the bridges surrounding Bangkok. The worst news I saw was the flood along Ayutthaya. All I wish now for Thailand to be safe now and not to flood so much anymore. Almost 200+ were found dead because of the flood. People lost their homes from the flood. I just hope that nothing like this will ever happen again in the amazing country of Thailand.