Please think of an ENGLISH song that directly connects to something that happened in pages 1-46 in the book Speak.
In your response:
Step 1: Share the YouTube link
Step 2: Describe the song and what it means
Step 3: Connect the song to Speak p. 1-46. Some questions to ask yourself to help you answer: Who does it connect to? What scene does it connect to? Why? How? What specific lines of the song connect to the book?
Your song MUST be different than every other song posted here.
Minimum 20 sentences. Grammar and Spelling should be correct because you should type it and save it in Microsoft Word first. Due: Sunday, February 26.
Hi, I’m Grace.
ReplyDeleteThe song that I chose is “Best Friend”, by Amy Winehouse. This is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeg4snIoGzs. I think this song is about the relationship between two females. They used to be best friend. They used to be very closed together, they even lived together. But then, they had a fight over a boy. In this song, Stephanie and Paulette are the characters of Grease 2. Stephanie is a girl who is cool, popular. Everyone likes her, and fights over her. Paulette is a girl who tries hard and wishes approval from others. In the novel, Melinda’s friend, Rachel, betrayed her. Melinda has no friends. The similarities between the song and the novel are that Melinda and Amy Winehouse used to be their best friends. Before Amy Winehouse had a fight with her friend, they used to live together. Before Rachel said “I hate you” to Melinda, they used to go places together every time. For example, they used to go to other houses to trick o’ treat together during halloween. Rachel is also the person who taught her how to swim, understood about her parents, who didn’t make fun of her bedroom. Although Melinda and Amy Winehouse are very similar, they still have some differences. In the song, Amy Winehouse wanted to go back to the relationship they had before. In the novel, Melinda didn’t thought to go back to the relationship they had before, she’s just depressed that she had no friends. In the song, Amy Winehouse and her best friend had a fight because of a man. In the book, Laurie, the author, hasn’t talked about why Rachel hates Melinda yet.
Hellooo Grace! I love your song. You doing good in this blog. I choose your blog because i am interest of Amy Winehouse life and your connection is good. I like you compare Amy Winehouse to Melinda. So the thing that you want to said is Amy Winehouse write this song to said about her life? Don't you think Melinda should write a song to her friend too? I very agree with your connection because the song is seem come direct from Melinda life.You have 20 sentence. Great Job!Listen to this song it make me understand more about Melinda life. Anyway im agree with you! Bye Grace, Have a nice day. =)
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6vvqZwUtpc
ReplyDeleteThis song is called “Too Cool”. Apparently, a queen bee writes it. She is a girl who behaves as if she is the most important and popular person in a group of people. The song shows how arrogant she is. She does not care about others and she always think she is the best.
This song is obviously describing Rachel, Melinda’s ex-best friend. After the party, she became to hate Melinda and stop hanging out with her. She started to be surrounded by a bunch of kids wearing fancy clothes that definitely did not come from their city.
This song is connecting to the scene that Rachel is with Melinda in the bathroom. In order to skip the class from Hairwoman, Melinda’s English teacher, who was patrolling the hall, Melinda said “Hi” to Rachel who was standing beside her. Melinda treated her friendly but Rachel replied her as if Melinda is dirt. Whenever Melinda talked to her, she always said something like “Mmm…” or “Eehn”
“I’m too cool for my dress, these shades don’t leave my head. Everything you say is so irrelevant. You follow and I lead, you wanna be like me. But your just wanna be, love it or hate it…” This is the first stanza in the song. “Everything you say is so irrelevant.” is the specific lines that describe how Rachel thinks.
I think this song perfectly fit Rachel. Because she wore those strange clothes and think that she was awesome although other people think that it was terrible. She also thought that she got beauty, brains, and talents. And she made friend with foreign-exchange student and swear in French. I think, the main point in the song shows how badly the “queen bee” treat people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bi1c9LmhU&ob=av2e
ReplyDeleteThe song that I chose is Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold. I chose this song because the meaning of it is very interesting. In the scene Nightmare, Melinda dreams about herself at the summer party. She sees someone very scary in the hall and she calls the person “IT”. IT is her nightmare that she cannot wake up from. In the song, the lyrics say “Can't wake up in sweat, Сause it ain't over yet, still dancing with your demons”. This means someone had a bad dream and they are still dreaming and can't wake up. In Melinda's nightmare, “IT” sees her and smiles at her and winks. We also find out in her nightmare, she cannot open her mouth because her “lips are stitched together” and she thinks that it’s a good thing her lips are sewn together or she’d throw up. In this scene we know that something bad happened to her. This relates to the song because “IT” is very terrible like the demons but she still wants to know what “IT” is but she still feels scared of “IT”. Another lyric says “No one to call, everybody to fear, Your tragic fate is looking so clear”. This means there's no one to help you. This song is connecting to the story regarding Melinda's bad dream, there's no one to help her and she is scared of “IT”. Another lyric says, “And I know you hear their voices, And I know they may seem real, But our life’s made up of choices, They took for granted your soul, And it’s ours now to steal”. This means when someone calls you, they know that you hear their voice and it becomes real. People make choices in their life and have to accept their bad outcomes or fate. This connects to Melinda's nightmare. In her dream she heard someone voice and she knows that it's a real voice that someone called her somewhere. Melinda had the terrible dream and she knows that it will bring bad luck.
YO Nana. Your post is very perfectly fine because you have 20 and more sentences and your grammar is okay. Between ! the band that you chose is my favorite band. This song was on the billboard since 2011. But, this song is not completely perfect for this story. Such as “And I know you hear their voices, And I know they may seem real, But our life’s made up of choices, They took for granted your soul, And it’s ours now to steal”. Not all the parts mean someone calls you and it becomes real, only the first part. Between, you need to check some spelling mistake, such as, sewn need to become sew. That's all for my comment on your post ! :)
DeleteThe song that I chose is Sullen girl by Fiona Apple. This song was related to the book "Speak". Melinda is a main character and she has no friend. She keeps hiding and being outcast. One part of the lyrics for this song is "Days like this, I don't know what to do with myself, All day -- and all night I wander the halls along the walls and under my breath I say to myself I need fuel -- to take flight" It represents Melinda when she has nothing to do and wandering around the hall. "And there's too much going on" from the lyrics means many things happened. In the book there are many things happened to Melinda like when her friends were teasing her. "But it's calm under the waves, in the blue of my oblivion, Under the waves in the blue of my oblivion". This means she was angry but she still oblivion. She wanted someone to listen to her reason that all of it were misunderstanding. She just wanted a friend who could understand her or talk to her like the past time. "They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea, But he washed my shore and he took my pearl, And left and empty shell of me". This means no one knows how depressed others were. This related to Melinda because she was very depressed and no one really care. Someone has break her heart and left only her body. I think the song goes along with the story on Melinda. The song made me feel that someone was being sad and no one knows the truth inside just like the main character in Speak; Melinda. You can listen to this song on the link below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pilud0vQVmk
ReplyDeleteTanya
You're doing good for the blog. I agree with your idea, you had a good connection. It is easy to understand to me. I don't think you have any spelling mistakes here. You also let me found something new that I didn't know from the book in this blog. You're doing well in here, but you might need to count you're blog length next time. I've counted your blog, you have only 18 sentences. I also like this song too. The melody and the lyrics are fit together. It both sound very sad, depressed.
DeleteGrace,
DeleteGreat response! Please make sure that you give Tanya some specific reason why her blog is good! :)
Thanks,
Ms. Suzanne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eLfvdeInFg
ReplyDeleteThis song is called ''Nobody's Home'', by Avril Lavigne. In this song, Avril Lavigne is a girl who represents lonely and sadness. She has been given many frustration and depression to me when I have listened to this song. Her action and face were full of frustration and hopeless in this song. The song shows how hopeless she is. She wants to go home but she doesn't know where she belongs to.
This song is definitely describing Melinda. Melinda's mother was so busy and getting more and more into her work. They don't often see and communicate very much. That's the first song to describing Melinda because the title and lyrics are suit to Melinda.
''She wants to go home, but nobody's home. It's where she lies, broken inside. With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes. Broken inside...'' This is the last stanza in the song. This stanza totally describing Melinda's feeling. That's what she actually thinks about her parents. ''Her feelings she hides, Her dreams she can't find'' is basically describing Melinda's thinking and feeling.
In my opinion, this song is exactly the representation of Melinda and her parents. First of all, Melinda wants her parents to be more care about her. Unfortunately, her parents are busy every day so they just only can communicate by writing a letter. In this song, Avril Lavigne had the same situation as her. Both of them got confusing of where they belong to. This song deeply make me to think about Melinda's situation so that's why I have chosen this song.
Sawadee!! What you wrote are good enough. I chose yours because SOME parts of it look interesting and I already know this song, I love the song. The length of what you wrote are about 20 sentences, so you have no problem with it. The song fits the character that you chose; Melinda. It's related to the book well. I agree when you gave examples to the events that happened to the story. I like this song because the singer is my favorite singer, most of her songs are good and this song is one of the song I really like. I noticed that some of the words aren't correct, you might want to check over it more or use the spelling-check. I advise you to explain more on your ideas. Over all are okay.
DeleteTanya,
DeleteThank you for a good response. However, please make sure that you explicitly say what examples or connections you liked.
Thanks,
Ms. Suzanne
PORSCHE LC1D
ReplyDeleteHook up - The Veronicas
I'm tired of my life
I feel so in between
I'm sick of all my friends
Girls can be so mean
I feel like throwing out
Everything I wear
Starting over new
Cause I'm not even there
Sometimes...
I want to get away some place
But I don't want to stay too long
Sometimes
I want a brand new day
Trying to fit in where I don't belong
Hook....Hook me up
I want to feel the rain in my hair
Hook....Hook me up
Where should we go?
I don't even care
Anywhere is good enough
Hook me up
Hook me up
I like the lights turned out
The sound of closing doors
Not like other girls who always feel so sure
Of everything they are
Of what they're going to be
Sometimes I'm just a girl stuck inside of me
of me
Sometimes
I want to disappear some place
But I don't want to stay too long
Sometimes
I'm feeling so alone
Trying to fit in where I don't belong
Hook....Hook me up
I want to feel the rain in my hair
Hook....Hook me up
Where should we go?
I don't even care
Anywhere is good enough
Hook me up
Hook me up
Anywhere is good enough
Hook me up
They're going to crash and burn
I'm going to find a way
Nothing left to say
Hook....Hook me up
I want to feel the rain in my hair
Hook....Hook me up
Where should we go?
I don't even care (I don't even care)
Hook....Hook me up
I want to feel the rain in my hair
Hook....Hook me up
Where should we go?
I don't even care
Anywhere is good enough
Hook me up
Hook me up
Hook me up
I think this song named “ Hook up” by the Veronicas is related to Melinda in the book “Speak”. This is the link:( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQTEUjdBxY ).I think this song was the most related song to Melinda because the part when they sing “I'm sick of all my friends Girls can be so mean” this part shows that no one cares about her. “I want a brand new day” she wants a new day like Melinda in the book. Also, she wants to disappear “I want to disappear some place” because everyone was treated her not good. No one cares about Melinda same as in the song. The plot of this book and this song is quite similar, because they both wanted to disappear and they didn’t fit in the school they were. The school they were have bad environment of friend. They get pick up a lot so they want to vanish. The part that was “I'm feeling so alone,Trying to fit in where I don't belong.” This part means that they want to stay alone by themselves and they try to fit in the society in school but they can’t. The society like Rachael. Rachael is Melinda’s ex-friend. Once they were best friend then they have one problem that make Rachael hates Melinda a lot. In the song no one like her too. Another part is when Melinda coincidently finds out that they’re closet that no one is using. So, she hide her self in side that closet. This means that she didn’t want to be in the school. She wants to disappear. She don’t want to come to school because it depress her. The problem is no one like her.
Hello there Porshce Chotipong. First of all I'm not agree on what you wrote. Well,Some part I also agree with you but just a few. In this sentence “I'm sick of all my friends Girls can be so mean”. How did you know that she is sick of all of her friends ? In my opinion she wants to be friend with Rachael of he ex-friend, because they used to hangout for years after years. I think you should check this again. And also in this sentence "The school they were have bad environment of friend." How did you know that the school that Merlinda goes to have a bad enviroment ? Every school have bad students and good student, but Merlinda's school also have a good friend and good enviroment too. I think you need to re read the book again or maybe ask your friends about this :)
DeleteHi Porsche,
Deletethe main reason that I choose your blog is because the lyrics show Melinda’s feeling xD. I think your blog is awesome. I really like the lyrics of the song because it is powerful and it fits Melinda perfectly. Although I am not an outcast like Melinda but listen to this song makes me feel great, too, because it describes our school life. People are real mean sometime, and everyone want to get away from some place and want a brand new day trying to fit in where we don't belong. And, I really like how you describe and explain how this song is related to Melinda. But I think Heather treats her nicely and she treats her as her best friend and she even gave her a Christmas present. Your spelling is perfect but I noticed that you have few grammar mistakes; next time, you might want to use Microsoft word to correct them (they are underline in green). [lyrics are great (Y)]
By: Rebecca
Roger LCD 1
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLUa8JUR18&ob=av3e 13
Mirror by Burno Mars and feat Lil Wayne.
Mirror this song, It is telling that you are looking at a mirror. You looked through the mirror and talking to yourself. And whenever you are alone, mirror is always here for you. If you don’t have a friend mirror is here for you, to understand you. because whatever you do, mirror will always follow you and understanding you. Mirror is helpful in your life. Mirror you can place it where you want and look at them every time. You can just talk to the mirror and not talking to your friends because mirror understand you more. Mirror is your only friend because in real life you don’t have any real friend. When you look at the mirror you can express any thought and feeling you had. Mirror can see how hurt you are now and your feeling because it shows you by it’s reflection. In Speak, Melinda has a mirror too and she places it on the wall. she uses that mirror when she wakes up in the morning. Not just morning she will look herself in the mirror. She looks at her mirror anytime because you will know what to fix on your hair.
Sorry Ms.suzanne I can’t post this Homework last night because I had a bad fever and sore throat so I couldn’t wake up... I’m sorry...
I think what you have said above, its partly right. I like this sentence you wrote"When you look at the mirror you can express any thought and feeling you had. Mirror can see how hurt you are now and your feeling because it shows you by it’s reflection." But there's something wrong about it. Mirror can't see how hurt you are even though it refections. Mirror got no feelings, but i agree when you said you can express thought and feelings. Once you have said things that you don't like, you will feel freedom, because all the things that in your mind now would free. No pressure. Feel happy. Mirror or friends is your best friends, especially mirror. I like what you said man! XD... The connection to the story is Melinda uses mirror every morning to make herself tidy and look good but actually she doesn't.
DeleteHello Roger. I agree with your idea, but there might be some mistakes. I choose to comment on this blog because I think there are not enough sentences. I counted only 16 sentences. Anyway, you did a good blog with correct spelling and grammar. The song is pretty cool because that song is connected to the book. I like this song even though that's the first time that I heard this song. This song is quite amazing because the rhyme is nice, and the words definitely connect to the situation of Melinda. I agree with it because a mirror is like the reflection of Melinda. A mirror is like the best friend of Melinda. The mirror is the first thing that she looks when she wakes up. I advise you to write enough sentences, then Mrs.Suzanne won't reduce your points.
DeleteEugene,
DeleteThank you for using a specific example for Roger! You really said something more than just general sentences.
Jimmy,
Make sure that you say something specific about the song, or Roger's post. Your comments can be too general sometimes.
Thank you,
Suzanne
Skies are crying
ReplyDeleteI am watching
Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence as it's ending, like we never had a chance
Do you have to, make me feel like there is nothing left of me?
[Chorus]
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper!
Like a skyscraper!
As the smoke clears
I awaken, and untangle you from me
Would it make you, feel better to watch me while I bleed?
All my windows still are broken
But I'm standing on my feet
[Chorus]
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper!
Like a skyscraper!
[Bridge]
Go run, run, run
I'm gonna stay right here
Watch you disappear, yeah
Go run, run, run
Yeah it's a long way down
But I am closer to the clouds up here
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like i'm made of glass
Like i'm made of paper, Ohhh woaah
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper!
Like a skyscraper!
Like a skyscraper!
Like a skyscraper!
Only silence as it's ending, like we never had a chance
I think this sentence as. There’s loneliness that ends, like we never had a chance to be friend again.
Do you have to, make me feel like there is nothing left of me?
I changed this sentence a little bit, as do I have to make myself like there’s nothing else that can left for me. Because if Melinda didn’t call the cops to the house, then nothing would happen, and she still have friends.
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Like Melinda was made out of glass, once a glass had broken, it would never be the same. Like in the story, Melinda had no friends, and no one wants to be her friend because she called cops to the house.
Melinda was made out of paper, because once a paper had been rip, it wont be the same anymore.
Hi Ms.Suzanne, I am Blink. The song that I used is Speak Up by Kristinia DeBarge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J28s-p9bsPU&ob=av3n. This song is about one girl that ask the person who like her that why do don't speak up. Why you don't says that you like me. How do I know that you like me if you don't speak up. Your silence is killing me. Let your heart say what you won't say. Don't let the silence tear us away. Because im not the one who say. Compare to Melinda in the story speak. In page 1-49 she don't tell anyone what happen. In the song is told about 2 person that like each other, but no one are saying. But in the story is about 2 friends that they makes mistake. And they don't talk to each other. Don't explain. If they don't tell no one will know what happen. They just make the silence killing the time.
ReplyDeleteHello! Blink. The song that you chose, I love it!. This song is explain the way that Melinda feels in the story and why dosen't she speak with each other. I agree with your post "Why you don't says that you like me. How do I know that you like me if you don't speak up." I like this part because if you without saying or don't tell me what do you think, how do I know?. Another you say, "If they don't tell no one will know what happen". I agree with this but you should shows how this part connecting to the story. I like the way what you said in the blog but I think you should give more details about the story, such as how this song connecting to the story , how did relate to the song and what the meaning of the song. I advise you to explain more your ideas and make sure that you written 20 sentences.
DeleteHi Blink, "Speak up" is really good song it can really decide how a person doesn't really show up or told us what they thinking about. To me this song also can compare with me because sometime I’m doesn't speak up when I say something which I think it wouldn’t good to say also I doesn’t want other person know what I’m thinking about. It’s also can compare with Melinda, the character that you pick, It seem so similar with this character. By the way you idea that compare this song with Melinda is few, which If I were you, I could show detail more or idea how the song compare with this character. On another hand you also explain your song clearly, Even though you explain this song clearly what it means do you ever compare this song with yourself, do you ever doesn’t speak up when you feel something? Or which reasons make you won’t speak up? But Great Work hopes you can use the sentence that you missing explain about Melinda and this song.
DeleteFanny
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROwEOFTaAI
With A Little Help From My Friends – Beatles
This song is talking about friendship and how important it is to the singer of the song. The singer of the song has a problem which is his love of his life is away and he is wondering how he is going to cope with it. The first time is talking about what would you think if I sang out of tune. This makes me think about Melinda and how her peers are treating her differently. The second line “would you stand up and walk out on me” makes me think of how Melinda need Rachel but Rachel is not there for her.
The chorus of this song summarizes Melinda’s situation. She has had a bad experience at her friend party in the summer. Now the summer is over and she has returned to high school, and this is her freshmen year, so it is a new experience for her. All of Melinda’s friends are turning away from her because she called the police to the party during the summer. Her friends are blaming her for spoiling their fun. So generally, Melinda’s life is not going well and she desperately needs support from her friends. Just as in the Chorus Melinda “would get by with a little help from her friends”.
The second verse of the song explains that the singer love has gone away and he is now alone. This is a similar situation to the one that Melinda finds herself in. She was a popular member of her group and since the party in the summer things have got worse and worse for her. This has meant that now her high school year has started and nobody is prepared to socialize with her and she is much alone.
The verse toward the end of the song shows how the singer is and this is also the situation that Melinda find herself in. She really just “needs somebody to love, could it be anybody, I want somebody to love”. She needs somebody to care for her and to share her secrets with. Melinda used to talks with her best friend, Rachel, but after the party, Rachel shows and talks how she hate Melinda. To conclude Melinda really needs somebody to help her cope with what she is going through and this is the sentiment of the Beatles song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBDF04fQKtQ
DeleteHi I think that you put in the wrong youtube website but that song is ask really great. I think that this song describe Melinda well. In Melinda life don't you think that she need the love of her parents too. In this song it describe Melinda well, but have you thought that she try to bring her friends back? Do you think that Heather is her friend or not? I think that this is different than the song Melinda is the one who make her friend leave but in the song it's a different story. I think that this song describe really del but she docent try to get help. She only need her old friend but not the new friend. But in the song he said that he want anyone to help. Melinda only need Rachael.
Fluke LC1F
ReplyDeleteAkon-"Lonely"
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k
This song that I have chosen is “Lonely” by “Akon” here is the link: “http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EEW-9NDM5k”. I think this song is about there were one male and one female. That before they were relationship with each other or other name is they both were girl friend and boy friend. A Boy named Akon who was a singer, he had been broke his girl friend heard which make him think about the past. When he walk throw the street he saw lot of couple being happy with each other. But he felt wrong that he leaves her girl friend and broke her heard. Even make her happy like other couple that he walks past. Until he wanted her girl friend and him to be the same as normal, but it’s to late, her girl just leave her home land and went out of the country. So Akon just wish her to came back and be the same as normally. And now he was alone without she so it’s similar with the name of the song “Lonely”. And how this song similar with the novel “Speak” is that the song was similar with the character in the book. The character named Melinda’s. When she first started school, she doesn’t have any friend. Even though she doesn’t have any she still got tease by other students. So I pick this song it because Melinda was a lonely girl. And also she got tease by other student and also doesn’t have any friend. So I think this song could similar with character named Melinda in the novel. But maybe the song may have deeply meaning in it. So I think Melinda would be lonely as the song would be.
Akon "lonely" this song can really decide how a person is. To me I'm not lonely because I have a lot of friends. Melinda, she has no friends at all so at school I recommend her to sing lonely - Akon. I love the way you describe deeply meaning of the word loney. In your description, this song could only sing when you broke up with your girl friend? And I love the way that you tell what happen during the MV because I watched this MV before. It's true that Melinda is lonely girl but maybe you can describe her more! why is she lonely at school those kind of things. Are you lonely at school ( fluke)? When your lonely will you sing this song too? If im lonely then i will sing this song!
DeleteRoger,
DeleteThank you for your comment. I like that you challenged Fluke's thinking about the song's meaning - could it also be about friendship? You also gave him an idea of how to improve his description. I also like that you asked him personal questions. Well done!
Ms. Suzanne
Hello Ms.Suzanne.My name is Jeen. I choose the song called I need a doctor by Dr.Dre. The reason why i choose this song is because i think that Merlinda really needs a doctor. I need a doctor is about someone who really needs a doctor to heal him.
ReplyDeleteChorus - Skylar Grey]
I'm about to lose my mind
you've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life
[Eminem]
I told the World one day I would pay it back
say it on tape, and lay it, record it
so that one day I could play it back
but I don't even know if I believe it when I'm saying that
ya'll starting to creep in, everyday it's so grey and black
hope, I just need a ray of that
cause no one see's my vision when I play it for 'em
they just say its wack
they don't know what dope is
and I don't know if I was awake or asleep
when I wrote this,
all I know is you came to me when I was at my lowest
you picked me up, breathing life in me
I owe my life to you
but for the life of me, I don't see why you don't see like I do
but it just dawned on me you lost a son
daemons fighting you, it's dark.
let me turn on the lights and brighten me and enlighten you
I don't think you realize what you mean to me
not the slightest clue
cause me and you were like a crew
I was like your sidekick
you gon either wanna fight me when I get off this fucking mic
or you gon hug me
but I'm out of options, there's nothing else I can do cause...
[Chorus - Skylar Grey]
I'm about to lose my mind
you've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life
[Eminem]
It hurts when I see you struggle
you come to me with ideas
you say there just pieces so I'm puzzled
cause the shit I hear is crazy
but your either getting lazy or you don't believe in you no more
seems like your own opinion's not one you can form
cant make a decision you keep questioning yourself
second guessing and its almost like your begging for my help
like I'm your leader
your supposed to fucking be my mentor
I can endure no more,
I demand you remember who you are
it was YOU, who believed in me
when everyone was telling you don't sign me
everyone at the fucking label, lets tell the truth
you risked your career for me
I know it as well as you
nobody wanted to fuck with the white boy
Dre, I'm crying in this booth
you saved my life, now maybe its my turn to save yours
but I can never repay you, what you did for me is way more
but I ain't giving up faith and you ain't giving up on me
get up Dre, I'm dying, I need you, come back for fuck's sake cause...
[Chorus - Skylar Grey]
I'm about to lose my mind
you've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time
I need a doctor
call me a doctor
I need a doctor, doctor
to bring me back to life
bring me back to life
bring me back to life
[Dr Dre]
It literally feels like a lifetime ago
but I still remember the shit like it was just yesterday though
you walked in, yellow jump suit
whole room, cracked jokes
once you got inside the booth, told you, like smoke
went through friends, some of them I put on
but they just left, they said they was riding to the death
but where the fuck are they now
now that I need them, I don't see none of them
all I see is Slim
fuck all you fair-weather friends
all I need is him
fucking backstabbers
when the chips were down you just laughed at us
now you bout to feel the fucking wrath of aftermath, faggots
you gon see us in our lab jackets and ask us where the fuck we been?
you can kiss my indecisive ass crack maggots and the crackers ass
little crack a jack beat making wack math,
backwards producers, I'm back bastards
one more CD and then I'm packing up my bags and as I'm leaving
I'll guarantee they scream Dre don't leave us like that man cause...
(continue) This song is very suit her. I think she is kind of weird and i might need to see a doctor.So i choose this song.I picked one part of the lyrics.I "need a doctor, doctor to bring me back to life".I think this sentence is very true for Merlinda. Because she has no life at all. Her life is full with something that I not supposed to say.She should concentrade more on learning. She also need to find real or close friend. Real friend can listen what you said to her and she will give tell you what should you do to make you feel better.
ReplyDeleteHello, Jeen Sirimanoonphan. I agree on your idea, but have you thought about the causes that make Melinda being like this? I noticed that you are trying to say that Melinda behavior is not good, next time, you might want to understand deeper about “what is the beginning problems of this ideas.” If you look deeper it the problem would came from the party. In that party her best friend turn into her ex-best friend. Melinda does talks to anyone. I think this song is okay, but it have lots of inappropriate words. I think you forget the link of the video. Lastly, Melinda at the party and after the party, he personality was totally different.
DeletePorsche,
DeleteThank you for your comment about Jeen's post. I'm glad that you are challenging him with a specific question. Thanks for reminding him about the video link. And, he should turn it in on time!
Ms. Suzanne
The deadline is midnight ! I posted on 8 .
Deletehi my name is Jaewoo
ReplyDeleteLyrics to Lego House :
I'm gonna pick up the pieces,
and build a lego house
if things go wrong we can knock it down
My three words have two meanings,
there's one thing on my mind
It's all for you
And it's dark in a cold December,
but I've got ya to keep me warm
and if you're broken I will mend ya and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
and out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now, now
I'm gonna paint you by numbers
and colour you in
if things go right we can frame it, and put you on a wall
And it's so hard to say it but I've been here before
and I will surrender up my heart
and swap it for yours
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
and out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
Don't hold me down
I think my braces are breaking
and it's more than I can take
And if it's dark in a cold December,
I've got ya to keep me warm
and if you're broken then I will mend ya
and keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on, now
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
and out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
and out of all these things I've done
I will love you better now
I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind
I'll do it all for you in time
And out of all these things I've done
I think I love you better now
I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
and out of all these things I've done
I will love you better now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BLVznuWnU
The song that I choose is "Lego House" by Ed Sheeran
The reason why I choose this song because I think that this song resemble Heather. I think like this because she always tries to bring the spirit up. She always tries to help Melinda. But she doesn’t have that much luck and she doesn’t have lots of friend. She always tries to think the things that are going to bring her up. For example the song said that whenever you get down I would build you again. It is similar to Heather she try to help Melinda and help her self too .I think that this scene connect to the part where Heather try to think of finding a club. But Melinda thinks negative. That time Heather is upset with the negative thought. She try to cheer her self up and she also tries to make Melinda think positive. This song meaning is. Whenever you are down I am going to bring you up. Like I am goanna pick up the Pease’s and build a Lego house. The meaning of this is the same as pick you up or help you. It is similar to what Melinda need someone to help hereven in her family and social life.